Not As Cheap But Still Worthwhile Conservation Tips
- Replace toilets with new, water-saving models, including dual-flush systems.
- Invest in a water-efficient front-loading washing machine. Front-loaders can reduce your usage by 40 percent per load. (You’ll save on energy, too.)
- Switch to on-demand water heaters close to your showers and kitchen sink.
- If you purchase a top-loading machine, get one with a suds-saver. It enables you to reuse most of the sudsy wash water for a second load.
- Avoid fountains and pools that don’t have recirculating pumps.