Aquarion believes in taking a proactive approach toward conserving and enhancing natural resources, and that this approach aligns with our values and is fundamental to achieving our Mission. We recognize that environmental protection and the efficient use of resources are vital for sustaining our success because they enable us to continue providing valuable services to our customers and communities. Accordingly, Aquarion strives to act as a responsible steward of the environment and maintain its commitment to continuous improvement.
We also recognize that environmental protection is the collective responsibility of government, businesses, individuals and communities. We are committed to implementing efficient and effective practices within our organization and to working in partnership with our stakeholders to meet this responsibility.
To implement this policy, Aquarion commits to:
- Taking responsibility for compliance with applicable environmental regulations and responding to local environmental needs. Where no regulations exist, we will implement challenging standards.
- Making environmental protection and improvement an integral part of our planning and decision-making processes.
- Striving to prevent and reduce adverse environmental impacts of our operations, consistent with the need for maintaining the quality of drinking water.
- Promoting resource sustainability by seeking ways to reduce our energy and material needs, and increasing the reuse and recycling of materials.
- Including environmental criteria in our processes for selecting vendors and purchasing goods and services.
- Communicating and supporting environmental best practices throughout the Company.
- Sustainably managing lands and natural resources to protect and enhance water quality. Permitting public access where practical and consistent with water supply and natural resource management goals.
- Developing our employees’ awareness of environmental issues and best practices, including their responsibilities under this policy.
- Fostering productive, responsive partnerships with our environmental stakeholders.
- Playing an active role in the environmental community.
The policy applies to all Aquarion employees, departments and functions. The full participation of all employees is expected and necessary to meet the commitments set forth in this policy.
Periodically, we will review this policy and our performance under it.
Have questions or concerns?
Please email us at EnvironmentalManagement@aquarionwater.com.