Aquarion performs about 115,000 tests of its water annually at various locations, continually monitoring water from our reservoirs and wells for some 90 different pollutants. We monitor for:
- Microbial contaminants from septic systems, agriculture and livestock operations, and wildlife
- Inorganic contaminants such as salts and metals that can naturally occur or result from urban storm water runoff, industrial or domestic wastewater discharges, or farming
- Pesticides and herbicides from sources such as agriculture, urban storm water runoff, and residential uses
- Organic chemical contaminants, including synthetic and volatile organic chemicals, which are by-products of industrial processes
- Radioactive contaminants that can naturally occur.
The results of our extensive testing assure us, the Department of Public Health and, most importantly, our customers that the water we are distributing meets all the standards of safe supply.