Customer Assistance Program
Need Help Paying Your Water Bills?
Since 2007, Aquarion Water Company of Connecticut has had a Customer Assistance Program to assist eligible customers who are having difficulty paying their water bills. Each year, the first 1,000 customers who qualify can get a one-time voucher for $50. To qualify, customers must be receiving bills on a quarterly basis and be:
- Either a homeowner in Aquarion's service territory or a contractual renter (water bill must be in tenant's name).
- A recipient of benefits through one of these programs:
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Social Security Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Helms Housing recipient paying the minimum
- Section 8 (Housing Choice Voucher Program)
- Rental Assistance Program (RAP)
- State-Administered General Assistance (SAGA)
- Connecticut Energy Assistance Program
Please note: Social Security retirement benefits alone do not qualify you for this program.
If you qualify, click here to download the application. Complete and mail it as instructed, attaching your proof of eligibility. Please Note: If you are approved, please allow 60 days for the credit to appear on your water bill.
For additional program details, please contact:
- ABCD Inc
1070 Park Ave
Bridgeport CT 06604
(203) 366-8241 ext. 3237
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Aquarion Water Company